Thursday, November 15, 2012

The GO Camper

We love gear. 
 
The Sportsman and I have always agreed that having the gear to get a job done right is essential. 
 
If you have been a longtime follower here, you know that I have a special place in my heart for cutesy little vintage campers.
 
Stay with me here...
 
Now today when The Sportsman came waving this picture in front of my iPad (disturbing my Christmas-wish list-making) I was speechless. This is not a camper. This is not a tent. This is not a cutesy vintage anything... What the heck is it!? Apparently it is a new piece of gear that is soon to become vital to our camping experience. Or was, until we saw the price tag. Still...

It goes from this little trailer thingy...

Photo Credit
 
To this pop-up tent thingy.

Photo Credit

I wasn't overly impressed at first, but once I dug around on Sylvan's Go Camper website I realized this thing can do so much more than be a cheaper minimalist version of a pop-up camper. Look at all the toys this kid managed to put on his Go Camper?

Photo Credit

And I love that it can be used just for hauling around kayaks which is actually something we need anyway.

Photo Credit

And this had me dreaming up a romantic little beach getaway with The Sportsman. How awesome would it be to pull this little thing right up to ocean?

Photo Credit

While I am not convinced it is right for us, I was certainly intrigued... maybe more like entertained... by this unique piece of gear.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen these before - I even tried to win one in a give away last year. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to check one out sometime. It would take a lot to convince me to replace my tent with one though.

      Delete
  2. This is the coolest thing! I think I need to check it out more...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...