Saturday, December 7, 2013

One Month

My baby girl is one month old today.
She has already taught me so much. I feel like the word surrounding her is "be brave". It has been hard not to be paranoid this second time around. Expecting my epidural to not work and knowing the pain that was to come... "be brave" (and it did work by the way, and what a gift to have a beautiful birth experience!).  I thought for sure this little one would be allergic to dairy and soy like her big brother, so I braced myself for the news. I just kept thinking to myself "be brave" you did it once you can do it again (so far no symptoms). When the doctors were concerned about our blood types being different and the jaundice issues... deep breath... "be brave". Waiting on hearing test results back for her little tummy scan... "be brave". Up until midnight every night trying to soothe her little tummy aches... "be brave".  I know these are small things compared to what some parents face, but they have been my very real little battles the last month. And I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am hopelessly in love with this little human with crazy dark hair and the most kissable little cheeks ever.
 
Introducing our precious baby girl.
 

Willow Elaine
Born 11-6-2013 @ 6:00PM
9lbs 6 oz
20 1/4 in long
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful....my heartiest Congratulations - Tell Whiplash he will have to "Be Brave" when she is about 16!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My congrats! She's a beautiful baby! God Bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is adorable. I can't wait to see my little bundle of joy in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! An early congrats to you as well. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and beautiful birthing experience.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...